Sunday, June 29, 2008

Nine Miles - whew!

So, I ran with my Fabulicious group again; a nice pace and speed to which to return. We clocked in at 2 hours 6 minutes, a solid 14 minute mile. The other group I ran with made it in 1 hour 58 minutes (13.1 min/mile), so not that far off of what we did. I bet I could keep up with them…but I’m relatively pain-free today, so that counts for something.

Next week’s run will include more Body Glide in more areas, for sure - too many sore red spots today. It will also be a ten miler! I’m surprised at how well my flabulicious body is holding up! Thank you, Lord, for the water stops and those that man them! I’ll tell you what, at our last water stop, around 8:00, the sun was brutal! For some strange running reason, I preferred to be moving than standing in that heat!

OH – also, BIG NEWS! I’m over my “Obligatory $1,000” mark! Yippee! Many thanks to:
Bob and Liz Lynch
Chesapeake Bay Internal Medicine
Chris and Paul Biondi
Flowers by Steve (Barry and Stephen)
Gift Matcher
Herb Waldenmaier
Joan Vogelsang
Jodi Short
Kathy Anderson
Kendra, Troy, and Luke Riley
Linda Hills
Lisa Weremeichik
Lyn Kilbourn
Meredith Weiler-Skirka
Midge Coppersmith
Mr. and Mrs. Reid
Nancy Tucker
Ronald Martin, and
Trudy Hamilton!

With your gift to Easton ROCKS,
each of you have encouraged me and spurred me on!
And have given kids a wonderful opportunity.
Many Many Thanks!

If you are so inclined and have not yet donated, you have until July 26th! I'll give a big huzzah to future contributors then!

Alright, until the July 5th run – chill, chill, don’t freeze.

No comments: