Monday, August 4, 2008

I Am Amazed

Jesus said, "Ask and you will receive." He was referring, of course, to asking Him for things. I just asked you all to help out, and WOW, you have!

I needed to raise $1,000. That's a lot of bread. I asked for $1,310 and to date $1,450 has come in under my name! Unbelievable! I am flabbergasted! How can people think so much of me and what I'm doing? I am so floored at all of the support and well wishes and amount of money that has come to help these kids! All I can say is thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU! I am just humbled at your generosity.

Just one person. There's a poem out there with that title or one similar, and I always thought of other people being that "one person". This is the second time this year (and this has only happened twice in my life) that I feel like I myself have affected an aspect of life for scores of other people. The first was the cockamamie idea of our high school reunion - others worked harder on it to pulled it off, but really, the idea originated with me (I type in unbelief, shaking my head). An now - $1,450 for kiddos who we will never meet, but who want to have fun and learn more. We have positively touched their lives. Amazing.

Your support means more than I can express. Thank you, thank you.

No comments: