Saturday, August 23, 2008

Holy Crow! Wait a Second!

This is why it's good to keep a log (or weblog a.k.a. 'blog), because sometimes you learn something. For instance, my six mile time.

First, let me say this - it is DARK during the 5:00 hour now, we could barely see each other when folks first arrived! I had to be practically on top of the person before I could figure out who they were, and it had very little with my eyesight! The four of us did find each other and went out a little after 6:00. For various reasons, L and I weren't up to our usual high-speed selves, we were lagging a bit behind the other two most of the morning. During our last mile we walked a good bit, I'd say 10 minutes or so. We still came in at 1:21, which was 6 minutes quicker than our target time. Not to mention, my quickest of all four six-mile runs! Hot spit, kids! And we walked! I guess things are looking good for next week!

They asked us this morning about how we feel for next week. One response echoes mine: I feel fine. We did it last week, we can do it again. However, I wonder about the anxiety level when we are corralled together, before we actually begin. I wonder about the heat, starting at 7:00 and being further south. I wonder what it'll be like navigating our way in a relatively small space with 20,000 other people - especially since Easton has only 15,000 or so residents and we never pack ourselves into a 13 mile stretch that loops back on itself, etc. Oh well, these questions will all be answered by noon on the 31st - just 8 days away! Yikes! :)

No comments: