Friday, May 30, 2008

I run and I pack heat

So, I've run my two maintenance runs this week, both when I have been sooo tired. It's 8:00 p.m. by the time I get out the door, but I do this because I have to - I'll end up killing myself if I only run on Saturdays, right?

Tuesday night two thoughts ran through my head. One, don't run on trash night anymore. It's just too funky, and with the summer coming, it'll only get worse! :P Two, this more an emotion than a thought, at one point I felt like laughter after crying. I think I was so tired and depleted, that equaled the crying part, but the run was the refreshing, put life back into you, laughter part. Now it's not exactly like that, but similar. Hold onto that for future exhausted evenings, I thought to myself.

Well, two nights later, last night, I lugged myself out of the house at the same hour. I did my mile in the usual 13 minutes and then I hear a rrrrmmm, rrrrmmm noise from an obnoxious truck. I turn the corner to go down an alley and I was thinking of my cry/laughter feeling from the other night - it was kicking in a bit earlier than previously. I got to an intersection and I see a pick up truck going the same speed as me down the road I just turned off of. That didn't set well with me. I hot tailed it home. I didn't want to end up in some truck at the end of this alley, you see. The guy may have been reaching for his coffee for all I know, thus going slowly, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Blurg. Now I have to consider going to the gym... or carrying a shotgun, as my friend suggested. Put a bumper sticker on my bum that reads, "I run and I pack heat" (a la "I'm pro-life and I vote" etc.). :) At least she got me laughing about it. Ahh, laughter after stress - nice!

Tomorrow's five miles - calling for 80 temps and rain. More 'bout that later! :)

1 comment:

mom said...

You can do it, you can do it!!!!