Sunday, May 25, 2008

Our First Group Run

Saturday morning I left the house and listened to "The Boys" (a.k.a. Carbon Leaf) on the way to the park. I was jazzed because of the music, the slightly cool, non-wet, non-humid weather, the upcoming four mile run (my first ever), and meeting my running group. Of course, a crowd had already gathered at our meeting spot.

All of the runners were placed in groups, A (being the fastest), B, C,... I and four other gals are in F. As in "Fabulicious," said one running partner. We decided to do a 3:2 pace, so I suggested the group name "32 Flavors". The jury's still out on the name. Group name aside, we had a good run! It was a beautiful day and a fun course; we got to see yard sales, the Farmer's Market, and Downtown Easton before the hustle and bustle of Memorial Day Weekend. We ran past one restaurant and the smell of bacon wafted out of the windows... oh, to stop and have a cup of coffee! but the finish line was less than a mile away! We got the the park at "Five Corners" and we - well, I - was tempted to jump in the fountain to celebrate! 53:08 was our four mile time. :) Our running coach lovingly told us strongly that we ran quicker than we were supposed to. Just now, I figured out that we were 5 minutes faster than we should have been. Oh well, I'm sure we'll be 5 mins slower sometime, so we won't worry too much.

After it all, I noticed my feet throbbing a bit, but that's normal, huh? No other aches or pains - yippee! I am a little apprehensive about adding a mile a week, but I am excited to someday say, "oh yeah, I ran 7 miles last weekend" and just kinda shrug it off. That would be neat.

As always, I'll keep you posted on me and my group Fabulicious or 32 Flavors or The Funky Females. Whatever we decide on, I hope we just have fun. :)

No comments: