Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Timed Run

I've tried to write two blogs already about this dumb timed run. I did it in 40:27, about 13 mins a mile. Not great. Not horrible. It is what it is.

I have nothing witty or wonderful to say. I can happily say I'm in a group of three other gals, and I think things will be great with them. The three miles we ran on Saturday slipped away because we were talking and laughing and having fun. I know one through Henry's class, one I met on Saturday and one I have still yet to meet. I'm sure we'll have a good time together.

For some reason, I'm just not jazzed. I've tried to figure out why, but no can do. No light bulb or ah-ha moments. It'll be good to get out on the 24th and run with these chickies, see how we do, how we mesh, where we'll run for four miles.

I'm at 65% my fund-raising goal, about 85% of what I need to raise. If you're reading this and want to contribute, please click on the link in the upper left hand corner. If you're reading this and don't want to/can't contribute, you're just like me with PBS, so consider yourself in good company. Some day I will call with my credit card number, however, even if it's for $15 (my usual donation amount to the Cancer Fund and the American Vets).

That's all for now. At least the Blog has been updated. Hopefully my mood will pep up soon, too.

2 comments:

chevygirl54 said...

You go Suzie, I am so proud of you. Not to mention green with envy that you are running! Keep up the great work and remember how much better it feels not to be a couch potato! Love ya, miss ya, Jodi & Bri

mom said...

So proud of you! Keep up the good work! You can do it! Gee, maybe I should come down the end of August so I can watch you run! That would be fun.....Love and hugs, Mom & Max