Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The ups and downs...

Now that I have this blog on my signature, I feel like I will have to be pithy and pondering and entertaining with each entry. Meanwhile, really I feel like Doogie Houser typing away... ACH! and the ellipsis, too! Oh no!

Well, then, the up side... I sent out my email fundraising letters and I didn't die. I was so apprehensive about doing it - "Hi Friends, this is what I'm doing. By the way, would you fork over your cashola please!" Can you see me with a big ol' grin on my face and my hand out, the other on my hip, foot tappin', just waiting for the outstretched hand to be slapped full of green? Eeek! More like an old man in the rain wringing his old black cap on your doorstep, "May I have a warm cup of tea?" I still have to snail mail others, the personalization of them takes time. BUT - just by asking - I'm 1/4 the way to my goal, thanks to some very generous people! That is very encouraging! Thank you, thank you!

The other side to it is, I know many folks don't have gobs and gobs of left over $ at the end of the week, and if they do, maybe they want a pizza or a movie for themselves or their kids. Honey, that is OK by me. Just think of me every once in a while and ask the good Lord to give me and the rest of these running rabblerousers strength and endurance, good health, and a mild summer! Ask big, baby! He can take care of us (and our fundraising needs)! :)

Now, the down side - my knees hurt a bit. :( They ache on the inside. I've asked my coaches via email for any of their thoughts, and they've been very helpful. One exercise I think I'll like is eating ice cream - oh, no it's not! I made that up! :) - it's writing the alphabet (upper and lower cases) in the air with my toes. I wanted to ask if I can do the numbers up to 20 for extra credit but I forgot. One coach said I may be going too fast for what my body's ready for - chikKAH! ZIP! Zoom! I think that may happen to other people, but it's nice she thought it might happen to me! Ehh! It'll all get worked out! My first oooch of my running career! :) [Did I just say 'career'?] 8-D

No comments: