Sunday, April 27, 2008

BLURG!

"Blurg" is a word Liz Lemon uses on 30 Rock. She uses it when uncertain, frustrated, or discouraged by temporary defeat. Today, on the way home from my 'run' (ha, ha), all I could think of was, "I have to write 'Blurg' on my blog".

No more fried pickles. These are Nemeses Number One. I blame them entirely for my demise today. My legs were 500 pounds, I had aches in my legs where most children forget to draw (hips, ankles), and I was just discouraged all around. It was a "blurg" kind of day. "We all get them," said my live-in trainer (a.k.a. my husband, Derek).

When I told Derek about the front of my ankles bothering me, he said "ohno" and informed me that those are still part of my shins! Who knew! He showed me some stretches to do for them. All of this running takes a lot of dedication and determination. Not only do I have to change into clothes into which I will sweat, I have to warm up and stretch before I get to sweat! It takes body parts that I'm not used to using - I don't know if I even want to use them, to be honest. I'll see how the rest of the week goes, I may decide to walk this gig 8/31. There's no shame in walking 13.1 miles. I just have to maintain an 18 minute mile, maybe I can do that. Maybe not! What if I have blurg days when I'm training to walk? What's left? I can't drive the 13.1 miles that day!

Plus, my MP3 player's battery ran out. Indeed, it was a Blurg kind of run today.

This running is not a 3 times a week type of thing. To be good at it, it needs to be a lifestyle - no crappy food, remembering to do excercises, cross-training, etc. I have been a lover of ease for so long it's hard to get into the new swing of things. I hope to get swinging correctly sooner than later. I like Liz Lemon, but I don't like blurg days.

For posterity, I did a 2:2 run:walk (mostly walk) for 38 mins, 2.5ish miles. Blurg.

1 comment:

mom said...

Good morning ambitious one! So proud of you! Just remember, your site is run, Susan, run, NOT walk, Susan, walk! We know you can do it! Keep up the good job! We love you and praise you! Love, Mom and Max